- You will learn about Fairouz, a famous Lebanese singer.
Warm-up: Watch this video featuring a song by Fairouz.
- Fayrouz is considered by many as one of the leading vocalists and most famous singers in the history of the Arab world. She is considered the musical icon of Lebanon, and popularly known as “the soul of Lebanon.”
- Fairuz (فيروز) is a Lebanese singer and is among the most widely admired and deeply respected singers in the Arab world. Habbaytak Bissayf (‘I loved you in summer’) is one of the songs from an album released in 1970 with the same name.
- Fairuz’s fame spread throughout the Arab world in the 1950s and 1960s and she would perform outside of Lebanon in various Arab capitals, including Damascus, Amman, Cairo, Rabat, Algiers, and Tunis.
- In a career spanning over six decades, Fairuz has recorded nearly 1500 songs, released more than 80 albums and 20 musicals, and sold over 150 million records worldwide, making her the highest-selling Middle-Eastern artist of all time and one of the best-selling music artists in the world.
- For many Arabs, Fairouz’s voice is associated with winter mornings and coffee.
- Do your search online to find another song for Fairouz to share with your classmates with lyrics.